ashley hutcheson

7.22.2006

Chariot Festival

I had an amazing assignment this morning to document the Hindu Chariot Festival, day 13 of a 14 day event. There were hundreds and hundreds of people present, and the sea of faces and colour almost made the job of taking pictures quite easy. A few that I love, but we'll see what they publish!



Ganesh Kugan, 4, peeks out into the crowd from behind his mother and family.



Camphor is lit, and guides the way for the Chariot. Camphor signifies a loss of obstacles, and ensures that all negative occurences throughout the year are burned away.



The Priest sits in the chariot, which is pulled by members of the temple around the entire building, as he blesses everyone.

2 Comments:

At 09:59, Blogger Charla Huber said...

Ashley,
I am sapposed to be working, but figured I'd check your blog instead of writing articles.
My co-worker Lynsey said "the fist picture was amazing"

I agree, looks like you are getting to shoot some cool stuff. Makes me want to try harder.

 
At 12:34, Blogger Brett Beadle said...

Yeah really like the first pic as well...Did you try cropping out the thing on the left to see how it looked w/o it?
Cool stuff, it seems like a very cool festival to go shoot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home