ashley hutcheson

7.03.2006

Bird Feeder

Back in the game... I took a little unexpected break, much needed I guess after portfolio time. I start my job soon so I've vowed to spend the next week or so snapping away getting my finger excercised back into shape.

I met a new friend in the park today in Toronto at Degrassi St. "Scotty" goes every day from 3-5pm to feed the birds. He admits it's simply cause it's better than watching the bube tube all afternoon. He seems to know most birds by name, explaining how he tells them apart by their markings. Some birds have been coming to him every day for over 4 years. This was a big feat for me as I am terrified of birds. Particularly pigeons... One white one, blondie he calls it, I had to be on the lookout for. Scottie says that he gets very protective over his peanuts and will probably peck me if I got too close. Sweet. I kept my eye on him.



2 Comments:

At 22:37, Blogger Charla Huber said...

Good photos Ashely it think it is a good story. How did you meet this man? Anyway, that is pretty impressive for being scared of birds now you have to do some documentary work on small dogs.

Nice to see some new photos. Keep them coming.

 
At 18:46, Blogger Brett Beadle said...

I know of a few small dogs I could donate to the cause. What no wide angle shots? I guess a little too close for comfort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home